Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July!!


On Friday, we celebrated America's Independence Day. I decided that we should have a party, so I got to cookin' in the kitchen!


I do have a tip. If you're going to add powdered sugar to make fondant or icing, you should turn OFF the KitchenAid mixer BEFORE adding the sugar. I honestly have not forgotten this since, well Mom said she never remembered me being so silly in the kitchen. lol So she decided to get a shot of my stupidity. It was a MESS to clean out of my hair!


Instead of making a big cake, I decided to make star-shaped cupcakes and decorate them with fondant. They were a big hit!


Mom & Daddy did the grilling together. Aren't they cute?! Circumstances turned out strange. Daddy actually had to work Friday until 8, so he was going to miss the party. He called in the early afternoon, though, because he had one of his horrible headaches. So we brought him home, gave him medicine & sent him to bed. Fortunately, the meds worked because his headache didn't go away, but it was better and he was able to enjoy the party!!

We set up the tables in the screened-in tent outside. I hate bugs when I'm trying to eat!



I pray that you all took a minute or two to really focus on the "independence" part of the day. We are so blessed to live in a country which we are free. I've lived where there is no governmental freedom, and let me tell you...I have a new appreciation for ours!

No comments: