Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Who sprains their foot?

On Monday, I found out something of which I was previously unaware. My foot has been hurting since it popped one day in Florida back in May. Finally, it hurt bad enough that I went to the Emergency Room (since I can NEVER get into the doctor's office). They took an X-ray of my foot only to find no break (which the doctor was thinking it was). He said that I had a sprain in my foot. Apparently the ligaments around the bones in your foot can stretch and tear just like ligaments anywhere else. So, the diagnosis was that I have torn ligaments around the arch of my foot.

Treatment....is to wear this ugly post-op shoe/boot for 7-10 days trying to keep it elevated as much as possible. I am told that it can take 3-6 weeks for a sprain to heal, especially since he thinks it is a severe one. Oh yaay. Here's a couple of pics of my ugly shoe!




No comments: